December 29th Update
We look forward to you booking your reservation for the 2021 Season!
We are focused on creating a safe and healthy camping environment for our campers, staff, and community, however we do not know what will be required for the 2021 season for Smuggler’s Den to both safely operate and follow state of Maine guidelines (and we will likely not know until spring). With this in mind, please wait to reserve if you foresee any of the following possibilities being a "dealbreaker" for you. Wear a mask, have proof of negative COVID-19 tests, have proof of vaccine, fill out required State of Maine forms, social distance, hand washing and/or sanitizing, limits of people in the bathhouse, pool, playground.
These are our best guess at possible requirements regarding COVID-19 in 2021. If you are comfortable reserving, please carefully review our cancellation policy. We will be adhering to our cancellation policy (specifically refunds) for the 2021 Season.
Please refer to our local and national organizations for their guidelines and policies: Maine CDC, National CDC, Keep Maine Healthy Frequently Asked Questions, Acadia National Park, Island Explorer, Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Code of Conduct.
Please check this page for updates throughout the season.
We Open For The 2021 Season on Friday, May 28th!
Reservations may be made online, by emailing email@example.com or calling (877) 244-9033.
The following guidelines may be implemented for the 2021 season:
Smuggler's Den Staff:
- Will be practicing social distancing
- Will have masks available when social distancing is difficult
- Will be handwashing or sanitizing often
- Will be taking our temperatures every morning
- Will not be on site if we have any COVID-19 symptoms
Prior To Entering The Office:
- Sanitize your hands.
- Wear a mask.
- Practice social distancing in the office.
- Wait outside if there are already 3 people in the office.
Prior To Entering The Pool:
- Sanitize your hands.
- Sign in.
- Wait if there are already 20 people in the pool area.
- Do your best to social distance and be respectful of other people's space in the pool area.
When You Are At Your Site/Cabin:
- Masks and social distancing are not required.
When You Are Not On Your Site:
- Wash or sanitize hands often.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
When Enjoying Our Community:
- We ask that customers follow the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Code of Conduct.