July 7th Update
We are focused on creating a safe and healthy camping environment for our campers, staff, and community! We are trying to be as consistent with our policies as possible but as we learn more, we will adapt these policies and have them available to you as soon as possible. Please check this page for updates throughout the season.
We Are Open For The 2020 Season!
We are implementing the following guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all:
Smuggler's Den Staff:
- Will be practicing social distancing
- Will have masks available when social distancing is difficult
- Will be handwashing or sanitizing often
- Will be taking our temperatures every morning
- Will not be on site if we have any COVID-19 symptoms
Prior To Entering The Office:
- Sanitize your hands.
- Wear a mask.
- Practice social distancing in the office.
- Wait outside if there are already 3 people in the office.
Prior To Entering The Pool:
- Sanitize your hands.
- Sign in.
- Wait if there are already 20 people in the pool area.
- Do your best to social distance and be respectful of other people's space in the pool area.
When You Are At Your Site/Cabin:
- Masks and social distancing are not required.
When You Are Not On Your Site:
- Wash or sanitize hands often.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
When Enjoying Our Community:
- We ask that customers follow the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce Visitor's Code of Conduct.
Online booking is now available for residents of Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont (you must create an account with CampLife to check availability/reserve online). All other states, please call (877) 244-9033 or email email@example.com to reserve!
All states must call for Cabin or RV Rental reservations. Our campground office is open daily 10am to 8pm.
Sorry, we are unable to accommodate walk-ins at this point. We are only allowed to have customers on site who have a reservation.
Sorry, we are not allowed to have day visitors in the campground. Registered guests only.
Smuggler's Den may now have customers with a reservation who are residents of ME, NH, VT, CT, NJ and NY. Customers from these states may utilize our online reservation system.
All other residents must call for reservations and fill out the State of Maine Certificate of Compliance form.
Please print and/or fill out this form prior to arrival, take a picture of the form, and email the picture of the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to check-in.
Please refer to the Keep Maine Healthy Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Available Sites & Cabins:
Full Hookup Sites
Deluxe Camp Cabins
Unavailable Sites & Cabins:
Opening Friday, July 10th! Wear a mask whenever possible when in the bathhouse.
Closed until further notice.
The Pool Is Open!
20 Person Maximum Occupancy. Please see guidelines above.
The Playground Is Open!
8 Person Maximum Occupancy. Please Practice Social Distancing.
Office & Store:
3 Person Maximum Occupancy. Please Practice Social Distancing. Masks Are Required.
We will have wood and ice for sale at the store, but all other items will not be available. All purchases will be done through the credit card on file.
We will be sanitizing high-traffic areas and have hand sanitizer and hand wash stations handy in public areas in the campground. This section will evolve if we open the bathhouse.